We are looking for an inspirational and passionate leader to make an impact in our very special Church of England School guided by the example of the teaching of Jesus Christ, our vision is to prepare our pupils to be positive and effective citizens, shining His light in the world.
We would like a Headteacher who has an unwavering commitment to learning. Guided by our vision and values, we desire to offer the best possible education where all adults and children can flourish.
St Peter’s Smithills Dean CE Primary school is based in the heart of the parish of St Peter’s Halliwell and is the home of Smithills fellowship, one of the sister churches of the parish. The school is on the edge of Smithills Country Park and the West Pennine Moors.
We are proud to be a member of the Forward As One CE Multi-Academy Trust Our partnership with the Trust enables us to network and learn from the best within our system, at the same time as horizon scanning and remaining outward-facing.
We are proud of our school and looking for someone who will:
· Inspire the whole school community as we learn and work together.
· Care deeply about all pupils: balancing aspiration and achievement with inclusion and diversity of needs to support children in becoming confident, happy, positive and effective citizens
· Empower and develop our talented staff to be their best.
· Further develop a dynamic, forward-thinking inclusive school with the highest of expectations and standards of excellence.
We can offer:
· An environment to innovate; taking our school on the next stage of an exciting journey.
· An experienced and dedicated staff team, committed to the best outcomes for all our children.
· An active and supportive Governing Body and Parent Association, invested in your and the school’s success.
· Extensive, attractive and accessible grounds, in the heart of the countryside where outdoor learning is an integral part of our curriculum. Continuing professional development opportunities
· Collaboration and partnership with the Forward as One CE MAT trust schools and the professional development flightpath opportunities offered by the Trust
Further information about our school, its work and ethos are available at www.forwardasone.uk and www.spsd.bolton.sch.uk
We would encourage and welcome you to visit us before applying.
Please contact Jen Mills:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to the school are actively encouraged at the following times:
Monday 24th February 12 noon
Monday 24th February 2.30 pm
Monday 24th February 4.30 pm
Friday 28th February 9.00 am
To arrange a visit, please contact Jen to book on to one of our available slots or for more information about the role.
Thank you for your interest, we look forward to meeting you.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing Date: Friday 28 February 2020 5 pm
Interviews: Wednesday 11th March 2020